The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has issued new guidelines for Unlock 4.0 on Saturday. Unlock 4 will come into effect from September 1. It includes rules related to opening up of more activities in areas outside the Containment Zones.
The full list of Guidelines is given below:
- Social/ academic/ sports/ entertainment/ cultural/ religious/ political functions including Weddings or last rites/funerals will be permitted with a ceiling of 100 persons, with effect from 21st September 2020.
- Gatherings can be held with mandatory wearing of face masks, social distancing, provision for thermal scanning and use of hand wash or sanitizer.
- Open air theatres will be permitted to open with effect from 21st September 2020.
- Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions will continue to remain closed for students and regular class activity up to 30th September 2020.
- Online/distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
- Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions will reopen in areas outside the Containment Zones only, with effect from 21st September 2020. With this, SOP will be issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) which is mandatory to be followed.
- Metro rail allowed to operate with effect from 7th September 2020 in a graded manner.
- All activities, except the following, shall be permitted outside containment zones: Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres (excluding open-air theatre) and similar places. International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA.
- Lockdown shall continue to be implemented strictly in the Containment Zones till 30th September 2020.
- State/ UT Governments shall not impose any local lockdown (State/ District/ sub-division/City/ village level), outside the containment zones, without prior consultation with the Central Government.
- No restriction on Inter-State and intra-State movement
- National Directives for Covid-19 management shall continue to be followed throughout the country as to ensure safety.
- The use of Aarogya Setu mobile application will continue to be encouraged.
- Shops to maintain adequate physical distancing among customers.
- Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years, are advised to stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes.